I thought I would give you a little list of what I think are 5 beauty must haves for the summer season.
- SPF- I am sure you are well aware of the adverse affects of sun damage, not only in terms of ageing but also to our health. As a person with a laughable amount of melanin I need a good amount of protection from the sun and have struggled to find a good SPF for the face in the past. This year I will be using this Klairs Illuminating BB Cream with SPF 40, it goes on quite smooth and doesn't make the skin greasy like many SPFs have. As it is non-greasy it is easy to layer more make-up over top. One draw back of this product is that it smells quite strongly, almost medicinal, but the smell dissipates very quickly. Another thing about this product is that it says it is whitening but it does not contain any bleaching ingredients, it is paraben, alcohol and irritant free. This product has also been awarded the title of the number 1 BB cream in Korea, and I would tend to agree with this title.
2. Fake Tan- As I have mentioned before I am very pale, to the point where I am a little blue. I need a sunless tanner, in the summer to help me to look healthier. My favourite fake tan is the Vita Liberta, Tinted Self Tan Lotion, Rich in Medium. It is highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. It doesn't smell bad, like most sunless tanners do, which is a giant plus for me because I hate the smell of fake tan. I like to apply it the night before an event and let it develop as I sleep and it produces a very natural looking tan.
3. Hair Care- I like to use this Protein Spray by Label M on my hair after I wash it, I will spray this product liberally on my damp hair, before brushing as it helps with detangling. This product smells divine and is so light on the hair, it doesn't weigh it down or sit awkwardly on the hair. As an added bonus this product has UV protection, which is perfect for summer, as your hair can also show damage from the sun.
4. Nail Polish- I love to wear a bright, coral colour on my nails and this Rimmel by Rita Ora nail polish in the shade Go Wild-er-ness. It is a very affordable product and stays on the nails for quite a long time, I think this such a summery colour. It does need a few coats in order to get a good colour pay-off but it is so pretty and I love the flower design on the lid.
5. Hydration- It can be harder to stay hydrated in the summer between the cocktails, the sweats and plain old forgetfulness. This M&S English Mint and Strawberry infusion is the perfect summer drink, if you like a bit of tea to relax with like me, and it is absolutely delicious. This tea is naturally caffeine free, meaning that it will not have a diuretic effect on the body like regular tea and coffee. I'm sure you would be able to turn this into an iced tea by making the tea in a pitcher, with three tea bags and cooling in the fridge.
Hope you found my beauty picks helpful. Let me know what your go to products are for a more beautiful summer.